Your Family Matters
Preparing for Your Probate Appointment
Thank you for scheduling a probate appointment with our firm. We know this is a difficult time and we look forward to helping you address the issues that come up after a loved one has died.
The consultation you have scheduled with our firm is with one of our probate attorneys are out head probate paralegal, so – from the beginning – you have a team working on your case. During this consultation, we will get to know you, learn about the person who has died, and make a determination if a probate will be required for the estate.
To best prepare for this consultation, we ask that you do the following things (as possible):
- Complete our probate questionnaire included in the email sent to you (also available by clicking here.
- Collect copies of any estate planning documents signed by the deceased person (e.g., Will, Power of Attorney, Community Property Agreement, etc.), if they exist
- Have a copy of the death certificate (if you have it already)
- Compile a rough list of assets owned by the deceased person and what, if any, liabilities they had at death
- A list of people who may be involved in this process.
- A list of questions that you might have about the probate process. On this note, we know that you probably have A LOT of questions right now, so we have prepared a FAQ Page that might address some of these questions before we get a chance to speak with you. If not addressed here, we look forward to addressing your questions when we chat.
We are honored that you have chosen us to help you with this process and we look forward to helping you with these legal issues so you can focus on taking care of yourself and your family during this time.
The Narrows Law Group is a Tacoma law firm located in the heart of Old Town providing advice and representation in the areas of estate planning, probate, business transactions and corporate law, real estate, bankruptcy, domestic relations, and adoptions.
Let us help you find legal solutions tailored to fit your needs.