Your Family Matters
join our team
Receptionist/Legal Assistant Position
Do you have a “knack” for making people like you immediately when they meet you? Do you enjoy helping people? Do you believe that even the smallest interactions with others can make the biggest impact? Are you organized and do you feel motivated by a team-centered approach to problem solving?
Final question: when dealing with an emotional situation, do you step-up or do you back away?
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are organized, enjoy helping others through difficult times in their lives, and want to work with an awesome team of people who spend their days helping clients and supporting each other along the way, please apply for our Receptionist/Legal Assistant position.
Our next Receptionist/Legal Assistant will be responsible for so much of a client’s experience with our firm – from the initial call to the final goodbye. We cannot stress enough how important this role is to our firm and to our clients! This person must have experience in customer service, answering phones, scheduling appointments, organizing the office, inventorying and ordering supplies, working with vendors, and charming our clients on the phone and when they come into the office.
We are looking for a positive person (i.e., someone who sees the glass as half full), someone who is proficient in Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel) and is very comfortable with technology as our firm prides itself in having cutting-edge technology to create the best experience possible for our people (clients and co-workers).
Our goal is to have someone in this role in Summer 2022.
PAY & PERKS:
- Pay starts at $18/hour – this will be reevaluated after 60 days
- Medical and dental insurance after 3 months of employment
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match after 90 days of employment
- All federal holidays off + PTO depending on experience
- Direct deposit to make getting your money as easy as possible!
- Beautiful office in the heart of Old Town Tacoma with views of Commencement Bay and quick access to Ruston Way for a walk or bite
- An awesome team of people who have a great time together and make work fun! We have quarterly events and lots of fun activities planned throughout the year. We also believe in the power of firm SWAG, which shows off our love for the firm and our people.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Greeting clients
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Filing documents with the court
- Opening client files
- Inventorying and ordering supplies
- Keeping the office tidy and fun to be in
- Processing client payments
- Communicating with vendors
- Communicating with clients
- Provide administrative support to lawyers and paralegals and enhance office efficiency
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
The Narrows Law Group (formerly known as Andrews & Arbenz) is a boutique law firm in Old Town Tacoma, which focuses its legal practice on trusts & estates (wills, etc.) and family law (divorces, etc.). We have been in Old Town for 8 years and love our community. We have been growing a lot in the last year, or so, and are looking for motivated individuals to help support our busy practices.
Though our average age is 31 years old, we have 20+ years of combined experience and have won several awards over the years. We pride ourselves on the great reputation we have in the community and our ability to connect with and provide excellent service to our clients.
Key to our success is our shared vision, reflected in our Core Values which are:
- Get it done, but do it the right way
- Take care of our people
- Don’t lose sight of the big picture
- Better than yesterday
**IMPORTANT: TO APPLY**
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions. Please do not apply through the contact information on our website.
To apply, please fill out a short questionnaire by clicking here (this is how you will submit your resume and cover letter, as well).
If we would like to learn more about you, we will contact you to schedule an interview!
Join Our Team
The Narrows Law Group is a Tacoma law firm located in the heart of Old Town providing advice and representation in the areas of estate planning, probate, domestic relations, and adoptions.
We are now taking appointments at our new second office in Gig Harbor!
Let us help you find legal solutions tailored to fit your needs.