Your Family Matters
Jennifer’s combination of effective and compassionate representation has earned her the respect of the bench and the bar. She has handled everything from uncontested divorces to complex property issues and custody battles involving outside agencies and third parties, equitable issues surrounding back child support debts, and committed intimate relationships. A former prosecutor, Jennifer is adept at litigation, although she believes strongly in resolving matters outside of court. Jennifer serves as a Commissioner Pro Tem for the Pierce County Superior Court, is the Immediate Past President of the Robert J. Bryan American Inn of Court, serves as Trustee for the Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, and is on the Board of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound.
- J.D., (with honors) University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law
- B.A., (with honors) History, Southern Utah University
ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITIONS
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Puget Washington State Bar Association, 2020 – current
- Names Washington State Super Lawyer, 2020
- The Honorable Robert J. Bryan, American Inn of Court (President, 2018-2019)
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association (Trustee, 2020-2020; Family Law Section Board Member, 2014-2018; Judicial Qualifications Coomittee, 2018-2020)
- Pierce Court Washington Women Lawyers (Treasurer, 2014-2016; Co-Preseident, 2016-2018)
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Associaition Community Service Award, 2018
- Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Guild (President, 2009-2011)
- Kitsap Legal Services (Board member, 2004-2010; Attorney of the Year, 2006).
- CLE Presenter
- Tacoma-Pierce County 23rd Annual Bar Convention, “Navigating the Murky Waters of Family Law and LGBTQ Issues,” 2017
- Love Stinks, “Ethical Issues in Nonparental Custody Actions,” 2017
- Author, “Minor Mothers and Consent to Adoption: An Anomaly in Youth Law”, Adoption Quarterly 2001
“Often, the best solution can be reached by working collaboratively with the other party. However, given the sometimes volatile nature of family relationships, negotiation is not always the answer. When litigation becomes necessary, we will effectively and vigorously represent your best interests.”
Jennifer has practiced law in Washington State since graduating from law school in 2002. She enjoys nothing more than spending time with her lively son, Bennett, her rescue dog, Lucky, and a good bottle of wine. During the rainy season, Jennifer is an avid film-goer. Come spring, Jennifer anxiously awaits Tacoma’s beautiful summers, filled with farmer’s markets and outdoor festivals.
Your FAMILY Matters
The Narrows Law Group is a Tacoma law firm located in the heart of Old Town providing advice and representation in the areas of estate planning, probate, business transactions and corporate law, real estate, bankruptcy, domestic relations, and adoptions.
Let us help you find legal solutions tailored to fit your needs.